What 2 glasses of wine can offer your body???
The anticoagulant substances contained in wine help reduce blood clotting.
- Alcohol consumption can improve HDL (good cholesterol) levels and reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) levels, thus improving the lipid profile. Together with its anticoagulant properties, wine is the ideal ally in the battle against cardiovascular diseases.
- Wine does not only bring joy, it also helps the mind! According to a study, people who had consumed a moderate quantity of wine achieved higher scores in IQ and EQ tests.
- Drinking alcohol with food does not significantly affect blood sugar levels. As a matter of fact, a study by the American Diabetes Association has shown that the combination can reduce the likelihood of type II diabetes.
- Wine consumption reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- The anti-cancer substances contained in wine, such as melatonin, resveratrol and other, reduce the likelihood of breast and upper gastrointestinal cancer. They also reduce the likelihood of lung cancer by 13%.
Furthermore, drinking 4 glasses of wine per week reduces the likelihood of prostate cancer by half.
- According to an American study, drinking wine protects the eyes against macular degeneration.
- Spanish researchers have found that people who drink two glasses of wine per day have 44% less chance of catching a cold.
- Certain wine varieties contain melatonin which controls the human biological clock. So a small glass of wine helps you sleep better at night.
- Wine consumption promotes longevity.
- The anti-inflammatory action of alcohol improves the body’s overall health and wellbeing.
Source: Wines of Crete